Friday, March 20, 2009

Hmmm

Ah well,the futileness of optimisim rears its head again!  I worked my way through the Faraday module in "da book" and unfortunately, I just found it one of the most dismal boring bits of reading I've done in a long time, and that's saying something.

I thought it was a shame as it's an area I would really like to learn more about, but because it was so dryly written, I lost any interest in it pretty early on.

But nevermind, onwards and upwards as they say... so here goes.  This week is Stalin and his reputation, and fortunately, that's something I've done quite a bit of reading on in the past, so hopefully I should be able to sail through this section.  I know that quite a lot of you out there are struggling with him, so if you need any help just shout, I'll do my best, but no promises!

I can't believe how quickly the diary is filling up for this year already - I can see I'm going to have to start working to rule on my study planner!  To give you an example, about 50% of my studying is done at the weekend - either a Saturday, or a Sunday, or even both if I feel up to it - so here's my diary for the next few weeks...

Next week : Tutorial on Tuesday night, Sat am I have a nail appointment that runs for about 3 hours then Sunday I'm driving home to Scotland for a week as my dad is going in to get his hip replaced.

Week after : In Scotland all week, so limited options for studying there, then Sat 4th is the first of the day schools - Sunday will probably be spent in bed recovering from Mon - Sat!

Week after that : Night out on the Thursday, then staying with a friend Friday and Saturday of the Easter Weekend, there will probably also be a bbq on the Sunday.

So you see where I'm coming from?  and believe me, the weeks run like that pretty much up until the 2nd week in May!  Really do need to get pro-active about the swotting on the train thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment