Friday, February 13, 2009

Settle thy studies Faustus...

Hurrah!!!

I'm very happy today... I've finished the module on Dr Faustus, and boy, that was pretty hard going, but enjoyable!

I guess I'm one of the few people in Britain who managed to go all the way through school without doing any Shakespeare, so this was my first proper brush with that kind of play. This might explain why I found it quite so hard to get into - perhaps if I had had exposure to (or even exposed myself (oo err mrs)) to Shakespeare earlier, then Marlowe wouldn't have been quite such a chore.

Anyhow, I'm taking a break from him for a bit now while I do the chapter on Cezanne, which I think should be better (although I have to admit I'm not a massive fan of paintings of blurry naked ladies and bowls of oranges!) and then it's back to Faustus to write my first assignment - eek!

I'm still managing to keep my 2 week buffer at the moment, and it all seems to be going a bit too smoothly for my liking - I keep waiting for something to go wrong, but I guess that I should enjoy it while it lasts, I'm sure there won't be this much room for maneouver on my next module (whatever that will be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment